Medcine Bow Lodge

Medcine Bow Lodge
The Ride of A Lifetime

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Breaking Trail in "Almost Heaven"

Snowshoeing has become a favorite winter activity for Tim and I. This is something we can enjoy together. It reminds me of the rides that Tim is known for here at MBL. He took it easy on me today being that it was our first day this year to snowshoe. I love the sound of the crackling snow and the crunching sound beneath my feet. We call this talking snow. It is a great way to exercise while enjoying the beauty that surrounds us. We had to break trail which can be adventurous. I fell a couple of times and had a little trouble getting back up because I was laughing hysterically. Roper, our dog, came to my rescue, at least that is what he thought when he was pouncing on me. I felt like I had run a marathon when I got back to the lodge.

This is an activity that we want to promote. We have the wide open spaces and also the cross country trails for guest to enjoy what we like to call "Almost Heaven". Now it is time for a mug of hot cocoa by the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment